As a host, you ought to support all the web hosting technologies that your customers may require; otherwise you can be rest assured that more than half of your customers would soon think about switching their host!
One can also use a PC as a server in which case, the website can be hosted by corresponding ISP… However, the Internet connectivity and security are two major issues that prevent most of the folks from doing so.
On the other hand, if someone wants to build and host an efficient, strong website in a rather professional manner, which can serve thousands of requests at a time, it must be handled by a professional web hosting service provider.
Reliable hosting providers make sure that the files are served directly from a very powerful set of processors that also come with sufficient memory to easily tackle hundreds of simultaneously raised requests.
In a nutshell, customers are saved from the pain of fixing technical glitches that may arise every now and then. This way, you can be sure that any issue with your website will be taken care of, by the web host itself. Powerful VPS and dedicated hosts are capable enough to host hundreds of websites on a single server and the incoming traffic is properly directed to the intended website on the server. Now let us take a look at some of the latest hosting trends, and related technologies that are demanded by various customers –
- Windows Hosting Support: Most of the popular enterprise apps run on Windows OS, so Windows hosting would be the best option if you want to develop your site on MS Expression Web or you are planning to make use of ASP, .Net, MS Access, and/or MS SQL Server.
- Linux Hosting Support: When the site is hosted on a Linux box, security issues tend to be far lesser than Windows hosting. Most of the popular apps including the famous Wordpress blogging software run only on Linux, and Wordpress hosting is currently in very high demand, so it’s imperative that you offer the choice of Linux hosting to your customers too.
- CGI: It is most common in Linux or Unix servers and is leveraged to design interactive and dynamic pages. Most of the Internet service providers offer CGI capabilities.
- PHP: It is one of the most widely accepted rivals of ASP. It is the perfect option for web development, and can be directly integrated with HTML codes. The best part about PHP is that its syntax is quite identical to that of C and Perl. We see PHP being used with Apache on different kinds of Operating Systems, but hosts must ensure that they offer support to the latest version of PHP (currently 5.3.10)
- Unix: It is reliable, stable and more affordable than Windows. It was used for making the first-ever web server OS.
- JSP: It is developed by Sun and is similar to ASP in terms of functionality. With the help of JSP, dynamic web pages can be created by integrating Java codes into HTML pages. It is also independent of any particular server-specific platform, since it is Java-based.
- Chili!Soft ASP: This software makes ASP versatile by making it compatible with UNIX and few other platforms, and does not limit its usage to just Windows platform.
- Adobe Dreamweaver: Adobe Systems owns this website designing tool. It helps the beginners in designing websites even if they don’t have much experience in web development. The best part is that it is available both for Windows and Mac, so you must support Dreamweaver as a host at all costs.
- Microsoft Expression Web: This website design tool is developed and owned by Microsoft. Just like Adobe’s Dreamweaver, this tool helps the beginners in developing websites; so, if you offering Windows hosting, you ought to support Microsoft Expression Web & MS Frontpage extensions.
- Secure Server: The secure server assures transmission of data in encrypted form. If there are pages on your website for online transactions, then your ISP must provide you secure connectivity, and the web server must also be extremely secured too.
- ASP: This Microsoft developed technology helps in creating dynamic pages by putting the suitable scripts in HTML pages of your site. It works with standard Windows OS.
- Cold Fusion: This is yet another technology developed by Adobe that is used for making dynamic web pages.
- Ruby-on-Rails: This is yet another fairly new web technology that has been making rounds on the Internet, and it’s frequently used by webmasters and web developers, so make sure that you offer support to Ruby-on-Rails app too.
Database Related Technological Support
Maintaining database is of utmost importance in case of any of the web hosting technologies. This specially comes into the picture when large amount of information needs to be updated on the website… Here are some of the best database technologies supported by the top web hosts around the globe.
- MS-SQL: It is the language that is used for accessing the databases containing all the information. The web server you use for retrieving information for your websites should have a direct access to a system, which makes use of SQL database…MS-SQL is Microsoft’s proprietary program, while MySQL is open source.
- MySQL: It is robust and a powerful open-source database software for all kinds of websites. The best part is that it is far affordable than Oracle and Microsoft.
- MS Access: When there is a requirement of a very simple database, then MS Access is the best option for getting the job done seamlessly. It is not meant for high traffic websites and is less powerful compared to Oracle, MySQL, and SQL Server.
- Oracle: It is also one of the very popular platforms for running websites that are database-driven and serve high traffic volumes.
The post Lack of Support to All Web Technologies Can Hamper Your Business appeared first on Quick Click Hosting.